By Mai, Larry L., Owl, Marcus Young, Kersting, M. Patricia
Read Online or Download Cambridge Dictionary of Human Biology and Evolution PDF
Similar physical books
The interior tale of the Y chromosome's deadly flaw, as advised by means of one of many world's major geneticists. Male reproductive fragility has been the topic of a lot hugely publicized contemporary study. Is it attainable, requested the recent York occasions, that males face extinction? Bryan Sykes examines the validity of those surprising reviews, targeting the defining attribute of guys: the Y chromosome of their DNA.
Festschriften, after they are haphazard collections of items written via colleagues and well-wishers at the get together of an incredible anniversary within the lifetime of a individual guy, are usually tedious. possible extra profitably cross on to the writings of the celebrant, in addition to different, extra voluntary courses of his well-wishers.
Some time past, fish fins advanced into the limbs of land vertebrates and tetrapods. in this transition, a few components of the fin have been carried over whereas new good points constructed. Lizard limbs, chicken wings, and human legs and arms are hence all evolutionary ameliorations of the unique tetrapod limb. A accomplished examine the present nation of study on fin and limb evolution and improvement, this quantity addresses quite a lot of subjects—including development, constitution, upkeep, functionality, and regeneration.
В 1966 году в Национальной библиотеке в Мадриде были обнаружены два манускрипта, написанные Леонардо. Когда-то они не были учтены при каталогизации, и об их существовании не было известно. Этим двум манускриптам дали условные названия «Мадридский кодекс I» и «Мадридский кодекс II». «Мадридский кодекс I» состоит из 192 листов 1490—1499 годов написания, содержащих изображения различных механизмов и изложения теории механики.
- Death, Decomposition, and Detector Dogs: From Science to Scene
- Optimizing the Soil Physical Environment Toward Greater Crop Yields
- Studies of Cave Sediments: Physical and Chemical Records of Paleoclimate
- Investigations, CPO Focus on Physical Science, an Integrated Middle School Series
- New Practices - New Pedagogies: A Reader (Innovations in Art and Design)
Extra info for Cambridge Dictionary of Human Biology and Evolution
Allergy: acquired, altered reactivity to a substance that can result in pathologic reactions upon subsequent exposure to that particular substance; antibodies are generally of the IgE class. Aka hypersensitivity. 9 mya. The hominid remains, 12 specimens, include fragments attributed to Australopithecus anamensis. Postcranial remains are indicative of bipedalism, yet jaw fragments possess characteristics that are very ape-like, including parallel tooth rows. Site paleoenvironment was lakeside forest in arid region.
Ancestral homology: with respect to a given set of species, a trait or character common to all species within the set of interest, and present in outgroups as well, implying that the trait evolved in a species that lived before the common ancestor of the set of interest. Cf. derived homology. ancestral population: population that gives rise to one or more descendant populations. ancestral suite: set of behavioral traits proposed by Harvard anthropologist Richard W. Wrangham as a way of inferring the social organization and behaviors of the common ancestor of early hominids.
2. the study of such relationships, such as brain size and body size, or basal metabolic rate and longevity. 3. Any relationship of size between two body parts y and x that can be expressed by the power formula y ϭ c ϩ bx a, where c, b and a are parameters, the intercept, the slope, and an exponential term, respectively. Allometry frequently employs regression methods to express the relationship between variables. Adjective: allometric. Aka heterauxesis, heterochrony. Cf. correlation. S. Huxley, interspecific allometry, and intraspecific allometry.
Cambridge Dictionary of Human Biology and Evolution by Mai, Larry L., Owl, Marcus Young, Kersting, M. Patricia