By Yakov M Tseytlin
Advanced Mechanical types of DNA Elasticity contains insurance on 17 diversified DNA types and the position of elasticity in organic capabilities with large references. the unconventional complex helicoidal version defined displays the direct connection among the molecule helix constitution and its particular houses, together with nonlinear beneficial properties and transitions. It presents an advent to the kingdom of the sphere of DNA mechanics, identified and normal versions with their brief research, in addition to assurance on experimental tools and knowledge, the effect of electric, magnetic, ionic stipulations at the endurance size, and dynamics with viscosity effect. It then addresses the necessity to comprehend the character of the non-linear overstretching transition of DNA lower than strength and why DNA has a destructive twist-stretch coupling.
- Includes assurance of 17 modern versions of DNA mechanics with analysis
- Provides comparability of DNA and RNA mechanical features
- Covers advances in experimental thoughts together with AFM, X-ray, and optical tweezers
- Contains huge references for additional reading
Read or Download Advanced Mechanical Models of DNA Elasticity PDF
Similar bioinformatics books
Typically I believe the 2 prior stories. This ebook isn't very sturdy as an creation. First learn another booklet reminiscent of Setubal and Meidanis, "Introduction to Computational Molecular Biology"; or Krane & Raymer, "Fundamental ideas of Bioinformatics". those books have extra readable narrative and examples.
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the foreign convention on Mass facts research of signs and pictures in drugs, Biotechnology and Chemistry, MDA 2006 and 2007, held in Leipzig, Germany. . the themes contain thoughts and advancements of sign and photograph generating techniques, item matching and item monitoring in microscopic and video microscopic pictures, 1D, second and 3D form research, description and have extraction of texture, constitution and placement, photograph segmentation algorithms, parallelization of photograph research and semantic tagging of pictures from existence technological know-how purposes.
Genomics learn has made major advances in recent times. during this ebook, a crew of internationally-renowned researchers proportion the main up to date info in a box that has lately switched emphasis from gene identity to useful genomics and the characterization of genes and gene items.
This moment version volumediscusses the progressive improvement of quicker and cheaper DNA sequencing applied sciences from the earlier 10 years and makes a speciality of basic applied sciences that may be used by a wide range of plant biologists to handle particular questions of their favourite version platforms.
- Handbook of Research on Computational and Systems Biology: Interdisciplinary Applications
- Bioinformatics: Sequence, Structure and Databanks
- Protein Simulations
- Applied Mathematics for the Analysis of Biomedical Data. Models Methods and MatLab
Extra info for Advanced Mechanical Models of DNA Elasticity
10) has stick-slip characteristic (saw tooth or zigzag) view, with each peak corresponding to the ejection of one nucleosome. , 2003). 1 nm/nucleotide at F = 20 pN. This shortening implies that the enzyme is performing work against the force. It can be slowed by applying a force and even stopped at a force of about 30 pN. A single nucleosome is realized as the tension on the DNA increased (up to about 15 pN) thereby relaxing part of the tension. Topoisomerases are enzymes that control DNA supercoiling and are responsible for disentangling molecules during replication, DNA repair, and recombination.
49, ultimate tensile stress (UTS) is approximately in the range from 14 MPa to 160 MPa, and yield stress is in the range from 7 MPa to 69 MPa. Zero Poisson’s ratio has a cork. 0 GPa. Mechanical, optical, and electrical properties of polymers may be enhanced (particular significant increase of Young’s modulus) by incorporation of nanoscopic particles (Sarkar and Alexandridis, 2015). Tensile test of polymer microand nanoscale fibers shows that their stress-strain relationships can be nonlinear (in some cases with strain in the third power).
130 (44), 14414. , 2004. Statistical mechanics of base staking and pairing in DNA melting. Phys. Rev. E Stat. Nonlin. Soft Matter Phys. , 2007. Manufacturing Processes for Engineering Materials, fifth ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ. , 1994. Statistical Physics of Macromolecules (Polymers and Complex Materials). American Institute of Physics, New York, USA. , 2010. Using mechanical forces to study nano-bio materials properties. In: Proceedings of the Eighteenth Annual International Conference on Composites or Nano Engineering (ICCE-18), Anchorage, Alaska, 4–10 July, 2010.
Advanced Mechanical Models of DNA Elasticity by Yakov M Tseytlin